Welcome back! As you know, Halloween is almost here! This is the first entry in my 11 days till Halloween recipe extravaganza! You can count down until this spooky day with these ghoulish treats! WARNING!!!! If you are trying to cut down on the calories, stay away for the next 11 days, because it’s all tricks and treats!
For mommy’s little helper–the title says it all–from making them to eating them, this simple recipe is perfect for your little helper!
Swamp Creature Toes
1/2 cup whole skinless almonds
green food coloring
2 cups chocolate chips milk or semesweet
12 8-inch pretzel rods
1. Line two baking sheets with wax paper. Coat the almonds with about 10 drops of food coloring and spread out to dry.
2. Put chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate on high for 60 seconds and stir well. Then, if it isn’t quite smooth, heat further in a few 10-second bursts, stirring well after each burst.
3. Break beach pretzel into 3 pieces. Dip each piece about 3/4 of the way into the chocolate, leaving one broken end of the pretzel visible.
4. Lay the dipped pretzel on your baking sheet and place a green almond (the toe nail!) onto the dipped end. If the almond won’t stick, use a little additional melted chocolate as “glue.”
5. When all the toes are done, place the baking sheets in the fridge to set. Serve cool.