Hello blog readers! Welcome to the Hallowen Countdown Extravaganza! Ten more days and counting! WARNING!!! I’m doing only sweets and treats for the next few days, so for all you weight watchers, stay away!!!
Your famly and friends will swarm over these like flies.
Orange Popcorn Balls (These might really scare your dentist!)
10-12 cups of popcorn (use bagged or microwave or whatever’s easiest)
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1/2 cup gummy worms (optional)
3 TBS. butter
10 oz. marshmallows
red and yellow food coloring
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. In a bowl, combine the popcorn, peanuts, and gummy worms (if using).
2. Melt the butter and marshmallows in a pot over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. add enough of the food coloring to get a nice shade of orange (red and yellow make orange!)
4. Pour the orange marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture and mix well.
5. Form balls about 4 inches in diameter. (Coat your hands with a little butter if the mixture is sticking to them.) Put them on the baking sheet to cool. These can be wrapped up in Saran wrap and tied with a ribbon to give as gifts, but they’re best eaten the same day.